Saturday, July 20, 2013

A new console for Beck!

Here we go again . . . changes.

The Gulbransen Rialto is history.  And . . . it seems I have acquired (but not taken delivery) on an Allen MDS Theater II organ that has factory MIDI and an 1st generation Expander and a Kawai MIDI module of some description on board.  Soon as I get it delivered and set up, I'll post a picture or two of it.

It came from the home of Gene Stroble, a member of the North Florida Chapter of the American Theater Organ Society.  There will be a lot of work setting this thing up.  Just getting it in the house will be a challenge.  I'll probably have to take the door off the hinges to get enough clearance to pass through without scarring the door jambs or console.  Wow! Something modern enough to have MIDI on board!  I'm more than a bit excited about all this.

Best Wishes,
Beck . . . 8-)

No comments:

Post a Comment